Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 2 red bell peppers, blacked, peeled and seeded
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup stale bread, torn into pieces
- 1/2 – 1 red thai chilli (depending on heat tolerance)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 40 strands saffron, infused in 8 tbsp boiled water
- 1/4 tsp smoked spanish paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
Serve with grilled asparagus, leeks, crostini, fresh halibut or prawns.
Recipe contributed by Faspa and Co.