- 2 cups combination of tomatoes: heirloom, cherry, beefsteak, and/or roma; diced
- 3-4 mini cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup day old crusty bread, torn into 1” pieces
- 1/4 cup packed basil, chiffonade (rough choppped)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Basil to garnish
- 3-4 tbsp balsamic reduction
At least one hour and up to 3 hours prior to serving, combine all ingredients except basil garnish and balsamic reduction in a large bowl, tossing to ensure the vegetables and bread are well coated in the seasoning and vinegar. Toss once or twice while it sits. To serve, drizzle with balsamic reductions and basil garnish.
Recipe contributed by Faspa and Co.