Tours will be available from (Sept. 27- Oct. 31) Tuesday to Friday from 9:30am to 2:00pm in these specific start times:
9:30am – 11:00 am
11:00am – 12:30 pm
12:30pm – 2:00 pm
*NOTE: If your group is late, you will need to miss part of the tour. We do our best to be flexible and fit in all parts of the tour, however we are on a tight schedule and there will most likely be groups before and/or after your tour. In addition, if your group is early, they will not be able to enter our tour areas until the appropriate time. Please do your best to come no more than 10 minutes early for your scheduled time.
Prices & Group sizes:
School tours are geared towards children age 4-10 years old. We ask that you bring a minimum of 20 children OR pay for a minimum of $273.00 per group you book into one of our time slots. If you book for 20 children, but arrive with less, you will still be required to pay the minimum fee.
Children: $13.00 ($13.65 with gst)
Adults: $10.00 ($10.50 with gst)
*please note teacher’s and EA’s are FREE, but ALL adults here on the farm with your group must pay to participate. Only 1 adult for every 4 children is allowed as a part of your group numbers.
Providing educational moments, as well as some fun on the farm in the fall, is what field trips at the Applebarn are all about. Please read below for details on what is included in this years tour. Please note there is only one tour area and it is suitable for children ages 4 to 10 ideally. We do not have a separate tour area for pre-school groups.
The tour will have five distinct stations in which students will interact with their own classmates.
On the field trips students will do the following:
- Go on a hayride and collect pumpkin (two classes, one on each wagon)
- Pet goats in the petting zoo (one class).
- Visit the pumpkin funny face stations in the mini corn maze and learn more about the pumpkin life cycle (one class).
- Learn about the apple life cycle & try some apple cider (one class).
- Farmville fun area (one class)
While the Farmville area is open to the public, it is almost an acre in size so there is lots of room to spread out. The hayride, corn maze, petting area and teaching areas will be used exclusively for our tour groups so that only the schools here on tours will be in this area.
There will be a total of 6 classes here on the farm at one time doing tours. The tour will be approximately 1 hour and ½ in length. Students will all go home with a pumpkin as well as an apple (bag given to the teacher). If your class would like to stay longer on the farm, you are welcome to use our picnic tables as space allows. We do not reserve or guarantee that your group will have covered picnic tables. We request that you only use tables for 15 minutes maximum so that other groups her for tours or snack have somewhere to sit. The upper petting barn and store, but you will be responsible for supervising your students. The upper jumping pillow is for our general public only.
Special note about group numbers: Deadline for changing number of attendees in your group(s) is 1 weeks BEFORE your tour date. Groups numbers can not be changed after this. However, if you need to cancel a group completely there is an admin fee of $25/group. A no show fee of $100/group will be collected for every group that was booked and did not show up on the day of the tour. In addition, extra adults such as aunts, uncles and grandparents can not show up the day of the tour and join unless they were apart of your original paid group numbers. Please make sure your numbers are accurate.
With our new location for tours since 2021 and the reduced number of tours on the farm as a whole, we have had to make some changes to our program.
- Parent/adult supervisors are no longer FREE and there is a very strict limit on the number of people in your group.
- Our minimum size per group is 20 people at full price. If you have less than 20 people, you will still need to pay for 20 people or a tour will not possible. If you book a tour and then show up with less than 20 students/paid tour members you will still need to pay this minimum amount. Please come prepared with the correct amount.
- Our maximum number of people in each group is 30 bodies total (including students, teachers, EAs, adults & extra siblings).
- If you have more than 30 people (including all students, teachers, EA’s, adults or siblings) we will need to register you for a second group of 20 people.
- All teachers and EA’s are FREE so they do not count as part of your 20 person minimum number of tour guests
- We suggest you bring no more than 1 adult for every four children as supervisors not
taking a pumpkin will be taken into account when calculating the total number of guests
in your group.
- Please ask parents to find other arrangements for all siblings as we have limited space
on the farm and all bodies (including infants) will be counted. All siblings ages 3 and up
will be charged the full tour price. If parents must bring siblings along, you will need to
let us know so we have an accurate group count.
- Please ask parents and other adults NOT registered as part of your tour group to stay
home. We do not have room for extra guests on the farm who are not registered as
part of your group in our tour area. (All extra adults such as uncles, aunts, grandparents
etc. are not allowed in the tour area unless they are preregistered and paid for ahead of
Spring – School Group Tour Details
s students will do the following:
· Go on a hay ride and learn about the seasons of our crops (two classes one on each wagon)
· Learn about the life cycle of apples, what plants require to grow
· Visit our observation bee hive and learn about bees and pollination
· Visit all the animals in Farmville including our goats, pig, alpaca, chickens, geese, bunnies, and more.
· In teams, they will complete an animal scavenger hunt.
· Spend time playing on the jumping pillow, playground and pedal karts
· Visit our petting barn to get up close and personal with our goats, bunnies & birds
· Be given a honey stick to take back to school
· BONUS! Teachers will be given a blossom craft and parts of a flower worksheet to work on during class time.
Tours will be available Thursday & Friday between May 19th & June 17th, with two time slots for you to choose from:
9:30 am – 11:00 am
11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Our Spring School Tour takes about 1.25 hours. Spaces are limited to four groups per time slot.
*Note: If your group is late, you will need to miss part of the tour. We do our best to be flexible and fit in all parts of the tour, however we are on a tight schedule and there will most likely be groups before and/or after your tour. In addition, if your group is early, they will not be able to enter our tour areas until the appropriate time. Please do your best to come no more than 10 minutes early for your scheduled time.
Prices & Group sizes:
Children/tour guests ages 3 and up:
Adult supervisors (not EAs or Teachers):TBA
*Teachers & Educational Assistants are FREE. Cost only applies to each student, additional sibling, or parent supervisor.
Groups should be a minimum of 20 paying people from the same school (students, supervising parents, and extra siblings all combined) and a maximum of 30 people, including teachers & EAs.
A minimum charge will be applied for groups of less than 20 paying people. Please ensure you book enough groups to accommodate everyone who will be coming with you.