While the end of the school year didn’t end quite the way we expected, we hope the fall will be the beginning of a return to normality. We at the Applebarn are planning ahead anticipating the best. For us, the best means having you and your students back on the farm learning and laughing at one of our fall school tours. In order to keep your students safe and socially distanced, we will be making a few changes to our school tours. There will be fewer time slots each day and there will be fewer groups booked into the remaining time slots. We will also be setting strict limits on the number of people permitted in each group. That and a whole lot of handwashing and sanitizing are just some of the ways we’ll be adapting this year’s tours! With these changes in mind, we encourage you to reserve your spot now so you won’t be disappointed later. For those of you who prefer to stay a little closer to home this year, we are developing a virtual school tour experience that you’ll be able to use right in your own classroom. If you’d like more information about this choice, send us an email at [email protected]. We greatly admire and respect our community of educators and we hope to see you back on the farm soon! Thank you for being a part of our farm family.
(Bookings can be made starting on May 4, 2021)SPRING TOUR: $10.00 plus GST (total of $10.50) per person (student, extra sibling, or parent supervisor). Teachers & EA’s are free. Each student brings home a planted seed!
We take great joy in having school groups here to learn about apples and pumpkins in the fall and are so excited to invite you all to visit us in the spring as we learn about the beginning of the life cycle!Here is a comprehensive list of everything included in our spring tours. Students will
- go on a hay ride and learn about the seasons of our crops
- learn about the lifecycle of apples and pumpkins and what plants need to grow
- plant a sunflower seed and take it home
- receive an apple cider sample
- visit all our animals in Farmville including our goats, pig, alpaca, chickens, geese, bunnies and more. In teams they’ll complete an animal scavenger hunt!
- spend time playing on the jumping pillow and playground
- Bonus: Teachers will be given a blossom craft and parts of a flower worksheet for students to work on during class time