Providing educational moments, as well as some fun on the farm in the fall, is what fieldtrips at the Applebarn are all about. With the advent of covid, we have had to modify our tours in several ways in order to allow less interaction between our customers and your students. We have created a new area called Farmville that is a totally outdoor venue where groups of people can visit the animals, go on the jumping pillow and pedal karts. This area also has a small playground. In addition, there is a mini corn maze and goat petting area for the children to enjoy. There is only one tour area and it is suitable for children ages 3-10 ideally. We do not have a separate tour area for pre-school groups.
The tour will have five distinct stations in which students will interact with their own classmates. The rotation of the stations is such that students will go in one direction and not collide or come close to students from other classes or schools. We have several handwash stations as well as sanitization pumps available throughout the whole area. Currently, masks are optional in outdoor areas and only mandatory when you are inside. Tour guides will wear masks where social distancing is not possible. While the Farmville area is open to the public, it is almost an acre in size so there is lots of room to spread out. The hay ride, corn maze, petting area and teaching areas will be used exclusively for our tour groups so that only the schools here on tours will be in this area.
There will be a total of 6 classes here on the farm at one time doing tours. As mentioned above, the classes will be in their own separate areas. The tour will be approximately 1 hour and ½ in length. Students will all go home with a pumpkin as well as an apple (bag given to the teacher). If your class would like to stay longer on the farm, you are welcome to use our covered picnic area to eat your lunch. You may also visit the upper petting barn and store, but you will be responsible for supervising your students. If you wish to stay after the tour, please indicate this in an email so we can take note.
Book your school tour!
We have had to change our policies due to covid and the restrictions on our capacity here on the farm. Parent supervisors are no longer FREE and there is a very strict limit on the number of people in your group. These policies apply to all groups. If your school has a parent participation policy, please be advised that ALL adults that are not teachers or aids will need to pay to be in our tour area
· We have a 20 full price paid person minimum in each group with the maximum number of people in each group being 32. If you have less than 20 people, you will still need to pay for 20 people or a tour will not possible. If you book a tour and then show up with less than 20 students/paid tour members you will still need to pay this minimum amount.
· If you have more than 32 people (including all adults/teachers or siblings) we will need to register you for a second group of 20 people.
· All teachers and EA’s are FREE, but they do not count as part of your 20 person minimum number of tour guests
· Please ask parents to find other arrangements for all siblings as we have limited space on the farm and all bodies (including infants) will be counted. All siblings ages 3 and up will be charged the full tour price. If parents must bring siblings along, you will need to let us know so we have an accurate group count.
· Please ask parents NOT registered as part of your tour group to stay home. We do not have room for extra guests on the farm who are not registered as part of your group in our tour area. (Extra adults such as Uncles, Aunts and Grand-parents etc. are not permitted in the tour area unless they are pre-registered in your numbers.)