Back in spring of 2019. Dates to be announced.
Pre-School Classes: Wednesdays from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Elementary School Classes: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
We take great joy in having school groups here to learn about apples and pumpkins in the fall, and are so excited to invite you all to visit us in the spring as we learn about the beginning of the life cycle!
Here is a comprehensive list of everything included in our spring tours.
- go on a hay ride and learn about the seasons of our crops.
- plant a sunflower seed and take it home.
- learn all about the different parts of the flower and how it relates to pollination
- visit the beehive and listen to a talk on pollination.
- pet barn animals and bunnies at the Petting Barn and Bunny Town.
- have time to go on the jumping pillow and playground.
- Bonus: teachers will be given a ‘Parts of the Flower’ worksheet they can take home
*Tour takes about 1.5 hours, but, if time allows, the children can enjoy an additional 15-30 minutes on the playground and jumping pillow with permission.
FALL TOURS (Apple Tour & Apple Pumpkin Tour)
Begin as soon as school starts in September
It’s become tradition to have a fall field trip at the Applebarn. The fresh autumn air and dazzling display of seasonal colours is not to be missed.
For over 25 years, the Taves have been working with teachers to provide a first-class educational tour. Not only will the children learn about the life cycles of apples, pumpkins and honey bees, they also get to hug the goats and pet the bunnies. The old fashioned apple-sorting machine is another unique feature of our tour where kids watch how yesteryear apples were sized from small to large. A slice of a crunchy farm-grown apple and a cup of freshly pressed pasteurized cider is always a welcomed treat after viewing how cider is made!
Tours for for elementary school children are both educational and fun! Here is a comprehensive list of everything included in one of our fall tours:
- Dwarf orchard tour and pictorial discussion of apple trees in each season.
- Viewing of the cider press and explanation of the cider market.
- Viewing and discussion of an old fashioned apple-sorter.
- Bunny Town and Petting Barn.
- Pick out a pumpkin (October only) at the Pumpkin Patch.
- Pictorial discussion of pumpkin lifecycle.
- Glass observation bee hive and pollination discussion.
- An Apple and Apple Cider samples.
- Hayride around the farm.
*The tour takes about 1.5 hours, but, if time allows, the children can enjoy an additional 15-30 minutes on the playground and jumping pillow with permission.*
APPLE TOUR: $7.86 plus GST (total of $8.25) per student, which is only available in September.
APPLE AND PUMPKIN TOUR: $8.81 plus GST (total of $9.25) per student, which is available in October. Each student brings home a pumpkin!
SPRING TOUR: $8.81 plus GST (total of $9.25) per student. Each student brings home a planted seed!
We allow one free adult supervisor for every four children, in addition to teachers and aids as they are always free. We encourage you to limit the number of adults on the field trip. The additional adult rate is $3.57 plus GST (total of $3.75), but for adults that are accompanying four children, admission is free.
A minimum charge will be applied for groups of less than 15 students*. A maximum of 30 per class.
Siblings of students (3 years and older) will be charged the regular student rate and may also take a pumpkin (in October) or planted sunflower seed in spring.
To check availability and inquire about times, please choose from our reservation calendars below.
When you click the link below, there will be five tour options. We recommend that elementary school children choose to do the following first three tours:
- Apple Tour
- Apple and Pumpkin Tour
- Spring Tour
For younger pre-school/Kindergarten aged children, we recommend the kiddie corn maze tour and our new spring tour.
For more detailed information about these tours visit our Preschool bookings page.